Sunday, December 30, 2018

And it came to pass that the Lord commanded me, wherefore I did.

Nephi's words when the Lord commanded him to do something, " And it came to pass that the Lord commanded me, wherefore I did..."

     Here Nephi, had no idea for the reason the Lord asked him to do it, but out of his love for God, he just did, and now I am reading the words daily.  For those of you who don't know, the first record got lost after it was translated, and so Joseph Smith had to use these words prepared by Nephi, as the scriptures for the restoration of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Without Nephi's obedience to Heavenly Father, we would not have had scriptures to read!!!

      I want to try and be a better person as well.  More obedient. I think not knowing the reason for things can often be a reason to not do the things the Lord asks, but perhaps, and when I say perhaps, I mean obviously, it is not!

No comments:

Post a Comment