Friday, February 16, 2018

God is in the details.

Sometimes after my scripture study, I didn't quite get the spiritual experience I so desire, and so I will read or listen to a conference talk.  Tonight I decided to read Elder Rasband's talk entiteld "By Divine Design".
   
Tonight I was craving a peaceful spirit and right now in my scripture study, I am in Ether, in the chapters where everyone is murdering each other, so I decided to read Elder Rasband's talk from #ldsconf.
This quote really stood out to me, when he is talking about God's involvement in our lives:
"But allow Him to make more of you than you can make of yourself on your own. Treasure His involvement. Sometimes we consider changes in our plans as missteps on our journey. Think of them more as first steps to being “on the Lord’s errand.”
Okay, I am a BIG believer to the words "changes in our plans" because seriously, my life never goes the way I see it. And most the time I fight the change, but I love how Elder Rasband counsels to allow God to make more of us, than we can make of ourselves.
If my life went according to my plan, I wouldn't grow much. LIfe would be easy. But each time, my plans change, while it is hard, I become stronger for it, I gain new skills, I meet humility and a deeper love for others.
It is a compliment, that my Heavenly Father has "changed my plans" because He is seeing me for what I can be more so than I am seeing it myself. I love this. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment