Monday, November 20, 2017

Unwearyingness

Helaman 10

Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.
And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.
Right before I sat down to read my scriptures, I started looking at my primary lesson feeling pretty annoyed that I once again was called into primary and that it definitely wasn't a calling from the Lord because why would He want me to do it when I had no desire or really patience with children and then I sit down to read these scriptures and feel humbled by Nephi's example of unwearyingness with his assignments.  
Part of the reason why is because I love the way the Lord favors Him and looks at Him as so special and gives Nephi any desire he has in the world knowing that their desires will match.  I love this and since I have read this passage I have been praying today that I can be more like Nephi even in my primary calling.  <3

Love, Becky joy

No comments:

Post a Comment